What does the EYFS cover?
It covers the welfare and development of children.
The welfare section covers:
- Basic checks, such as ensuring staff have undergone all relevant security checks
- Facilities and equipment safe and suitable for children
- Quality of the environment, for example, it recommends there should be some access to outdoor space
The development section covers:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication, language and literacy
- Problem solving, reasoning and literacy
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Physical development
- Creative development